New Years!




This year Liz and I decided to go to a new years party at UVU. I thought a lot of people were going to be there, but oh boy, there were SO MANY. The line to get in was atrocious, even when we came at 11:00. We finally got inside and decided to walk around and check things out. There was an enormous bounce house and rock wall in the main area, and also a huge dance going on there. The music was loud but exciting! We heard that there was also country dancing going on upstairs, so we left the main dance floor to check it out. There were a few couples dancing, and 5-7 people watching them on the sidelines. We both really like country music, but decided to leave since we didn't have anyone to dance with.
We spent the next half hour on the dance floor, jumping and dancing until the new year. Everyone was so close to everyone else, and bumping into each other, and nailing other people with their various integers. The balloon drop was really spectacular, but there were so many people that I felt like I shared the new year with no one. Liz and I kept getting lost in the crowds.
After midnight, Liz and I went back to the country dancing room upstairs, where we found one couple dancing really well to the music. We started dancing and singing to the music and had an absolute blast. People came and went and watched us and looked at us funny, but we didn't care! It was the most liberating feeling. What really mattered was what we thought of ourselves and if we were having fun, not what people thought of us.
Having my brother and his wife home, and my brother's girlfriend here, I've felt like an awkward fifth wheel. To be honest, I've really wanted a guy, just so I'm not the only one without someone. But, my brother's girlfriend told me that it's when you're alone and not in a relationship that you learn the most about yourself. And dancing with Liz by ourselves to country music on new years eve with people watching us made me realize that I don't need anyone to be happy. And I realized that I can be happy interpretive dancing and singing at the top of my lungs to music I love. And, if I had a guy there with me, I would've never thought to do that.

So basically, my new years resolution is to LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT, LOVE WHAT I'M DOING, and FIND OUT WHO I AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's on your mind?