Finals, Day One


Monday, the first day of dreaded finals week.
I think it was after my fifth try on a finance question when my roommates said we were going outside and playing in the snow. I hadn't noticed how beautifully the snow was dancing around the streetlights. I let myself be dragged outside.
My roommate, Amelia, is an avid skier, so she shouted, "SHOULD I GET MY SKIS OUT?" and we shouted a resounding YES. She ran inside, later returning with skis in her hand and boots on her feet. We all laughed as she skied down the hill next to our building and eventually ran into a bush and fell over. There were people all over the hill with sleds laughing and having fun.
Happy things happen when you least expect it.
I'm grateful for friends who help me realize that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's on your mind?