#wardsquad



I can remember the first Sunday in my Utah ward like it was yesterday. It was the middle of sacrament meeting, and all the youth went up to the stand to sing a song. They filled the whole stand. Like, the whole section of seats. I had never seen so many youth in a ward before. Later, I went to Sunday School and to my surprise, there were seven boys and one girl in my class. Whoa. So many people my age. It took a little while for me to warm up to them and them to warm up to me, but after that, we got closer and closer.

There have been many people our age move in and move out of our ward, and I think as a group we have tried our best to include everyone to the best of our abilities. On Sunday nights we started making cookies and taking them to people in the ward. Not only was this an awesome way to do service, but it gave us an excuse to hang out on Sundays and get to know more people. Hundreds of cookies have been made (with love) in my kitchen and hand delivered by us to the cute families in our ward.

As a group, we took part in everything we could together. After one of the stake basketball games one of the young men leaders called and said that a family needed help moving. We all gladly went over to help them move and we had so much fun talking and laughing while we were moving boxes. Whenever the ward went to the bishop's storehouse or the developmental center, we all encouraged each other to go, and we had a blast.

We didn't just hang out on Sundays, either. Crepe parties, beyblade parties, strawberries&cream parties, halo&pizza parties...you name it.

I've never been in such a tight knit ward that was genuinely friends with everyone.

Our group is going their separate ways. What started as just our Sunday school class grew to include three Sunday school classes and whoever wanted to join. Now, our friendship will span across cities, countries, and continents. Idaho, Texas, Peru, Trinidad, Utah County, and Portugal are where my heart will reside for the next two years. I don't think you understand how blessed I feel in being able to be a part of this ward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's on your mind?