snow made me do it



 It snowed yesterday.
After it being 75 degrees on Monday, there was snow on the ground.
At least I love snow, right?
 Living in North Carolina for most of my life, snow meant two hour delays or cancelling school flat out. Some of my best memories have been made in the snow. I can fondly remember waking up multiple times and going into the bathroom to find a note taped on the mirror saying that there was no school for the day. My love for snow started when I was really small, and it grows each time the little white flakes fall from the sky. I made countless numbers of snowmen, and sledded on mere inches of snow because I was so excited.
Snow is a pretty sight to see. Snow is magical. Snow is beautiful.
All the imperfections of the land become draped in a sparkling white blanket that makes the harsh tips of the mountains seem a little less rigid.
Snow means hot cocoa and fires.
Snow means blankets and movies inside.
Everything changes when it snows.

And to quote Lorelai Gilmore,
"It's just my favorite time of the year. The whole world changes color.  Flakes, flurries, swirls, crystals, whatever form it comes in. I'll take it. We go back, snow and me. We have a beautiful history. Sleigh rides, ice skating, snowball fights. I'll even take curling. Gosh, I love curling! Hot cocoa, hot toddies. Best time of the year! Welcome, friend."

And even though it's the middle of the spring and there are flurries of snow outside, I embrace it.



Welcome, friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

what's on your mind?