a little rain never hurt nobody

 shoes: Kohls // skirt: thrifted & tailored // shirt: thrifted // necklace: Amazon
// bracelet: Lilly Pulitzer (only available in New York store)

Okay WOW this whole fashion blogging thing is a whole new beast. I never envisioned my brother taking photos of me and my outfits, but here we are! Also, the fact that I know how to pose other people and don't know how to pose myself for photographs never occurred to me. Hopefully I get better at this as I go along!

Anyway, I just bought these shoes on Saturday! (And they are the reason I missed the first part of General Conference....Sorry mom) They are under $50 in store and SO cute. I love chunky heels, especially if they are sandals as well! I have worn them all week because I'm so jazzed about buying them.
This skirt I found in Savers about a year ago. It was eight sizes too big and went down to my ankles, but I loved the print so much that I had to have it. My grandma, being the expert seamstress that she is, chopped it for me and cinched it at the waist so it fits me perfectly! I adore this skirt now!
I received this skirt from my sister in law after she got home from her mission. It is the only blue-green shirt I own and it's such a fun texture. The sleeves also are especially unique. Not to mention, it matches my skirt perfectly!
I am obsessed with pearls, so sometimes when I'm in class I look on amazon and screenshot things to my brother so he can buy them for me. I pay him back of course, but I can't be seen shopping while in class! This necklace was under $5 and I wear it all the time. Holy cow, it's a mixture of two of my favorite things: pink and pearls!
While I was in New York, I made sure that I went to the Lilly Pulitzer store on Madison Avenue. Going inside was a dream come true! Shopping there makes me feel like I still have a little bit of southern in me, and so I HAD to go. I bought a shirt while we were there, and unbeknownst to me, my parents bought me this super cute bracelet! You can only buy it in the New York store because it says Lilly Loves NYC. They gave it to me for Christmas and I was totally surprised! I love it so much!
PS this hair style is super easy! It's just like a simple halo braid, where you pretty much dutch braid all along your hairline, but only using half of your hair! I started by sectioning off the bottom portion of my hair and putting it in a hair tie, and then proceeding to do the halo braid like usual. I don't know if I've ever gotten so many compliments on a hairstyle while shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

what's on your mind?