The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2014!

 On Sunday night, around 10:00pm we boarded our plane to New York Citaaay! We were on the red eye flight so we tried to all sleep on the plane before our big day in the city!

 We desperately wanted to try all the weird food, so the first thing we bought was a orange-flavored croissant thing that was absolutely delicious!
 We basically had free time all day on Monday and we got to see all the cool stores in Times Square!



 I am so lucky I got to go to New York with my best friends!!


 We saw Wicked on Broadway!! Oh. My. Heck. I had no idea what the premise of the play was, but it was so fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone! (And secretly I feel like I am more of Galinda...)
 When I first heard that the band was going to new york for the macy's parade, I immediately thought of these two things! I have wanted to go to the Lilly Pulitzer store so so badly, and my parents gave me the opportunity while we were there! Although the band wasn't going over to Madison Avenue, my parents were able to whisk me away onto the subway and over to my favorite store in the world. Oh my heck and I bought a planner that changed my life.
The second thing I wanted to visit was the bull! Since Hitch is my favorite movie, I had seen the bull in it every time I watched it. As I stood by it I fantasized what it would be like if I was a stock broker. Scary stuff, man.

 We saw the Statue of Liberty from afar and we got to go inside Grand Central Terminal!
 12:30am, morning of the parade. We suited up so we wouldn't freeze! And the band gave us these cute beanies with the AF band logo on them that we wore under our hats. Yay band!

 3:00am practice on Herald Square, or the Macy's star. The director man had us do our 1min 15 sec routine twice and was thoroughly impressed, to the point where he kissed our director on the cheek! After that we took naps, or tried to take naps, on the bus before breakfast at Planet Hollywood. Then we suited up and headed out to the parade route!

We got there so so early. The parade didn't start til 9 and we were there by 7:30. We played for Good Morning America and the drumline was the first thing on the Macy's parade snapchat story! We basically hung around the start of the route for an hour and a half. But while we were doing that, NICK JONAS DROVE BY. I repeat: Nick Jonas drove by on the back of a golf cart!! He smiled and waved and I was five feet from him. Oh my heck.

The announcer said "American Fork, please join the parade" and we were off! This by far was the most fun parade I have ever marched. There were so many people on the sides of the streets and above looking down from the skyscrapers. The floats were just magnificent. I kept having weird, whoa I'm in New York in the Macy's parade being watched by millions of people, moments. We kept a steady pace for the two miles before we got to the star. We entered the quiet zone and waited until it was our turn!

In the left picture is us before going on the star! (ps we weren't supposed to have our phones so I was breaking the rules, but whatever. It's not like I'm ever going to be doing it again) And then we were off again! For the next minute and fifteen seconds we were on live tv for the whole world to see. It was so grand, exhilarating, and every emotion!

My dad met these cool people on the route that were all friends and he got them all to cheer my name as we marched by. I totally heard them too. It was insane! They were so loud.


I think one of the best things was the fact that my parents could come with my to New York. You have no idea how much of a blessing it is to have such supporting parents. They never miss a performance.


After the parade we showered up and headed to the top of the rock! And after that we had a Thanksgiving dinner cruise/dance party. And in the second picture I think we had been up for almost 24 hours straight.

The last day was filled with Black Friday shopping (at least it was for me) or just lounging around if you wanted to. I hit my favorite stores and got some smoking hot deals. Then we hopped on the plane and left for home.

This whole trip felt like a dream. I still can't believe I was in the Macy's Parade, or that I was in New York. Wow!