Timberline!


Let's just say that this was one of the greatest experiences of my whole life. I got into this program knowing pretty much nothing about what I was doing. I mean, people told me how things would be, but you have to go through it to know what's going on, ya feel? Pete had staffed Timberline and when I was asked to join the staff I immediately went to him to see what he said. He told me that it was one of the most fun things he's ever done and that I should do it. I trust my brother a lot, so I knew that it was a good program to get into. Little did I know that it would be so life changing and amazing.
The days were forever long but went by so fast at the same time. I feel like I finally got to get to know the staff for the first two days when the participants weren't there. I was a little (actually a lot) reserved at all of our leadership meetings and I opened up a lot over the course of two days. The participants all came on Monday and from then on it was just a huge party. We were just hanging out and laughing and having a grand time teaching leadership principles and playing games and talking to the kids at the camp. I felt like I instantly made 50 friends through this program.
It was especially special to see the leadership principles shown throughout the week. The forming, storming, norming, and performing stages of groups was evident in each of the nine patrols that were with us. At the end of the week we were so close and had a wonderful program to end the course as a patrol and as a staff. I love these boys with all my heart and I hope that I can stay friends with them forever!






No comments:

Post a Comment

what's on your mind?