new traditions.


I woke up at 4:45, and left my house fed and ready to go to school at 5:45. You see, I am in seminary, which is a gospel class that starts before school. It is by far my favorite class. We talk about things that are just amazing. My teacher has awesome insight to things pertaining the gospel.

Anyway, we were talking about traditions today. People were sharing their holiday traditions, and I said that my family always watches It's a Wonderful Life. If you don't know what movie that is, it's pretty much the best holiday movie ever created. Other people described how they got pajamas on Christmas Eve, had family over, or went ice skating.

At the end of class, my teacher said that he wanted to show us his new favorite holiday tradition. He pulled out a box full of oranges and we were all thinking, What the heck? He proceeded to roll his orange around on the desk until it became soft, and cut the top off (I don't really know what the top is, since it's a sphere...). Then, he took a candy cane and broke the curved end off, so there was just a long skinny piece. To our surprise, there was a hole down the middle! He jammed the peppermint stick in the orange, and started drinking.

I kind of thought that he was insane, but then I tried it for myself. It was delicious. It was kind of difficult to get out of the orange, but it was worth it. I would have never thought that orange and mint would ever go together. You know when you brush your teeth and afterward drink orange juice? Yeah,  it's disgusting. But this was so yummy. And now I think it should be a new tradition.

5 comments:

  1. Eeeeh! I get to do that tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea!! Love it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    xo, Courtney
    shabbyloveschic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think that was kind of an insane idea too!! Hm..maybe I should try it on my family and see what they do!! :) Btw...my Dad and I have a tradition of watching It's a Wonderful Life together every single Christmas. I just adore that movie. And Jimmy Stewart was such a great actor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait, there's a hole in the middle????

    -Chantal

    Www.stilldeeper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, that actually sounds really good! I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

what's on your mind?