inpromptu snowfall



"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." -John Ruskin

The sky was dark and there was a slight chill. I could see my breath as I admired the endless black sky. There were tiny flakes floating from above, tickling my nose and falling gently around me. The car purred as we stalled in the school parking lot, waiting to go inside. We sat, taking in the still moment around us.

{Flash forward: end of first period}

After enduring a seemingly endless period of math, I passed by a window. The image was serene, filled with heavy snowflakes lazily gliding out of the heavens above. The kids outside seemed to be in a daze. The snow dotted their hair, clothes, books.

{Flash forward: lunch}

I longingly gazed out of the school doors. Each bite of my sandwich grew closer together as I rushed to finish eating. I wished to go outside, to see the winter wonderland that the snow was creating. I pulled my jacket over my head and flew out of the doors. The snow was creating a flat bed on the ground that was fluffy and sweet. We frolicked, we played, we took pictures.

{Flash forward: after school}

It was really coming down hard. There was a perfect amount for a snowball fight. Perfect texture, perfect flakes. The beauty took my breath away. The whiteness blinded my eyes. The perfection made my heart skip a beat. The peacefulness made me stop and stare. The chill made my teeth chatter. The spectacular sight made me love the fact that I'm alive.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you look at snow in a positive way. I actually have anxiety attacks about it! I hate driving in it, walking in or being out in it. So hearing your side is a refreshing :)
    XO Brooke
    Wideospaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh what fun! I wish it was snowing down here. :( You are a great writer girl, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has yet to snow here, but im secretly glad. I only like the snow when my to-do list has nothing on it!
    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

what's on your mind?