the russian hat.





What are these things called anyway?

Ushanka: a Russian fur cap with ear flaps that can be tied up to the crown of the cap, or tied at the chin to protect the ears, jaw, and lower chin from the cold.

These things do keep your head warm, might I say. Since yesterday it was snowing, when I woke up this morning, it was still there. Thankfully, it doesn't go away that easily.

I got together with some of the youth in my ward and handed out fliers for a food drive that we are doing. I should have brought the ushanka because my ears were so cold! But, thankfully we went to Maceys and got hot cocoa and doughnuts. While we were walking in, we saw a veteran sitting in uniform at a booth. He was the cutest old man, and he looked so cold because he was shaking. We were all thinking of what we could do to help him, so we got some hot chocolate and gave it to him. In return, we got some of the poppy flowers, and wore them on our jackets in gratitude for those veterans.

After that, my family went to Zupas for my brother who is applying for a job there. We had to try a whole bunch of the stuff on the menu, because he has to know what his favorite item is on the menu for the application. I wasn't opposed to the whole idea because I love their soups! There's nothing like a really good, warm soup on a cold day like today.

And then, I was home alone. And so I took some pictures with the ushanka, cause what else would I be doing? Hanging out with friends? haha no. They are all busy. Which is pretty lame, but I guess tonight is a night of relaxation, and ushanka-ing. And that is perfectly fine.



11 comments:

  1. cute! i love the hat! your outfit is ah-dorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should seriously have a fashion blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! I loved this post, especially the part about the poppies and the lack of hanging out. I could just imagine the serenity, and now "ushanka-ing" should be a permanent verb in the English language :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the comment love, Kiana! I adore that hat! I totally wish I had reason to wear something like that! I would wear it every day!!! I hope you have a great week!
    xx,
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun hat! you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the hat. Perfect for this Utah snow! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never knew what those hats were called but I have one, and I love it! Although, mine doesn't nearly get as much use as yours since I live in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO gorgeous, girl!!!!! omgoodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found one of those crazy hats when I moved to MN, they are so fun to wear! haha! Anyway, cute leather jacket! Reminds me of a similar outfit I wore this week!

    With Love,
    Rubi
    www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look very warm and cozy in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete

what's on your mind?