double rainbow all the way.







A cool and perhaps rare (maybe?) phenomena happened yesterday. It was before dinner, and my parents burst through the door exclaiming how there was a rainbow outside. I wasn't too sure why they were so excited, I mean, rainbows aren't that rare! But, it wasn't just any rainbow. It was a double rainbow. I have only seen 2 of these before in my life time. And that is pretty rare, I might say.

I rushed outside to take some photos but it was drizzling outside. My mom grabbed one of those big beach umbrellas and I started snapping some photos. It was one of the most vivid rainbows I have ever seen. And, the ends were going into my neighbor's houses. I was half tempted to run and see what was really at the end of the rainbow, but I restrained myself.

Finally, we had to go back inside to eat some dinner. But I got some pretty awesome photos before we had to go. And in the one with me under the umbrella, it would have said blink detected. Go figure.

10 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! I've always wanted to see one.

    New Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! They are pretty common here (midwest) but it doesn't take away from how beautiful they are! Especially when you can get one on camera!


    audrieis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw a double rainbow this past saturday! it was a little faint but the 2nd one was there! :)

    new follower from tell me about it tuesday!
    http://www.theeclecticgrabbag.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is amazing! i can't remember the last time i saw a rainbow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Im one of your newest followers from the Tell Me About it Tuesday link up. I would love for you to follow me back http://www.navywif33.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What stunning pictures! I'm so glad I stopped over from Tell Me About it Tuesday ;) I love rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have definitely gone looking for the pot go gold under that rainbow. It was bold and beautiful. Great shots and I am following you now from the hop. Would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/mom-vs-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! thanks for sharing and linking up!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete

what's on your mind?