Carrot Cupcakes

Hey guys! This Sunday I had a task. To make a dessert for people that were coming over. So I was thinking, and thinking, and thinking some more. It usually takes me thirty minutes to just choose what recipe I'm making, and then making it is a different story. I found this recipe on pinterest, but really didn't want to make a cake. I instead made cupcakes! I kind of guessed on how long they should be in, but it worked pretty well!
And this cream cheese frosting is the best thing I've ever tasted. Ever.




Carrot Cupcakes

adapted from Mary Mary Quite Contrary

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp allspice
1 cup applesauce
1/2 cup vegetable oil
6 egg whites
3 cups peeled, grated carrots

Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Put into 24 cupcake pans, and cook for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool, then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting (see below).

Cream Cheese Frosting

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 stick butter or margarine, softened
powdered sugar [ 2 and a half to 3 and a half cups, depending on how stiff you want your frosting to be ]
2 tsp vanilla.

Stick everything into the kitchen aid, and beat it until it's the right consistency.