Ten Things Tuesday

So I think I'll start a new thing on here! I mean, I need something permanent, that I have to do every week, so that I'm motivated to do more on here.
This will be called Ten Things Tuesday. I'll just be talking about me, or something that I like, or inspiration, or whatever!

For the first one, it will be all about me, so you can get to know me better.



So, here it goes.

1. I love the show Gilmore Girls. The show's been over for about five years, and I've seen all of the seasons before. But I've been watching them over again and I realized that I am so obsessed with it! Now, I don't agree with all of the things that they believe, but it is such a hilarious show. I remember wanting to put quotes that I thought were funny all over my room. Then I got over it and stopped watching it, but here I am again, watching it!
If anyone wants to get me a present, buy me all of the seasons. I will love you forever.


2. Marching band is a big part of my life. So you think summer is all about lazying around, sleeping in, going to the pool, hanging with friends. Well, I've been waking up at 6 am almost every weekday this summer. Mondays thru Wednesdays we have band at 7 in the morning. It makes sense because it gets pretty hot in the middle of the day, but I don't like waking up so gosh dang early. Thursdays we have band from 5-9 pm. We mostly do music then, but we work in our show too.
We practice all during the summer for parades and preparation for our competition session. To be honest, parades are no fun. It's pretty entertaining when people are cheering for you, but when you are sweating in a full uniform, marching, and playing music, it kind of blows. Our competitive season is so much fun. We get our show music and drill (the shapes that we make when we perform) halfway through the summer and we practice all for the rest of summer and through the first couple months of school. We have a band camp in August right before school starts to learn the rest of our show and clean it up so it looks good. Then we start competitions and that's when the fun begins. It's why I do marching band. And for the friendships I've made through the program.


3. I love shoes. I earn money, and buy shoes and clothes. I just recently bought a new pair of rainbow sandals that are in the mail right now. The rainbows make my flat feet feel better, since they have an arch built in the sandal. They are so comfortable and so easy to wear with anything, that they're my favorite sandals, easy.
I bought some black and hot pink vans recently too, and I have to say that they are my favorite shoes. I walk into the vans store and fall in love with all of the shoes. I want some simple hot pink ones, and teal ones, and orange ones. But before get those, I have been wanting Sperry's for a while. Like a long time. They are pretty expensive, running a retail value of around $80. When on sale they're around $60-65, which is pretty pricey for someone who only makes $5 an hour. But I'm saving and wanting to go school shopping with my mom and cousin in the new City Creek mall in Salt Lake. Maybe I'll get some then.



4. I have/hate braces. I got them on during spring break this past April. Since I play trumpet, it was hard adjusting to the new pieces of metal the were protruding off of each tooth. It took a while to get used to, and quite a lot if pain, but now I can't even feel the braces while I'm playing. I am super bummed though, because eating apples just kills, and I love apples. Oh the sacrifices I make for straight teeth!
I get them off in about two years. It stinks, but I can't really take them off now, so I guess I'll stick it through to the end and see what happens.


5. I love doing hair. Well I guess I should rephrase that. I like doing other people's hair, and not my own, but lie the feeling of accomplishment I get when I finish doing my hair. Get it? I just learned how to french braid and fishtail braid. I can't do it on myself, but I love doing it on other people! My cousin has super long hair, and I love curling, crimping, braiding, and straightening her hair! It's so much fun.
My hair is pretty much naturally straight, so usually I just blow dry it and straighten a few sections for it to be straight. I love it when my hair's curly, because I feel special and pretty. I hate that it takes 30-40 minutes to get it that way, but I guess I'll do it to change things up. For band my hair is always in a pony tail because we get hot and sweaty. I used to only have my hair in a ponytail, since it took no effort at all. And then I realized what I was missing! Now I love having my hair done. I hate doing it, but I love the end result.

6. I might have an addiction to music, but I hate swearing. I always listen to it. I kind of go through phases of what I want to listen to. I went through a Kelly Clarkson phase when I was like 10, and then I was really into 80's music like Journey and then I fell in love with Simon and Garfunkel. I remember in my childhood memories listening to the Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block, and NSYNC. Now I'm kind of into Demi Lovato, and Taylor Swift. But then there are those days where you just want to listen to something different, and I turn on some Jason Mraz or Chris Brown. There are some occasional rap songs that in can stand. To be honest, I kind of like rap now, if it doesn't have swearing or suggestive lyrics. I find Emin and Lil Wayne hard to listen to because they swear so dang much. It is awful.
I hate it when you listen to this great song on the radio, and then you look it up at home on YouTube or whatever and it has lots of language that wasn't on the radio edit. I lose respect for the singer because they sing those words and I see them as disrespectful.


7. Pink is my all time favorite color. I mean, just because my room is pink and black, and my clothes are mostly pink, and all my jewelry is pink doesn't really mean I like it that much. I go shopping and I just look for pink shirts. And I'm dying to get some hot pink jeans! Except they are super expensive, and I don't have that much money to just spend on clothes and shoes. I wish I did though! I would have so many clothes and shoes!

8. I'm kinda obsessed with my social networking sites. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook. Is email a social networking site? Cause I'm on that too. And boy. Pinterest. Here's my routine in the morning or when I get home from band.
1. Email: to see if I got anything urgent or that i need to reply to or whatever. Getting straight up emails for fun is cool too.
2. Facebook: to check to see how my friends are doing, see pictures of me, check messages, and update a status if I'm super bored.
3. Blogger: to check all the blogs I'm following! Enter giveaways, see new tutorials or recipes to check out and such, and write new posts.
4. Pinterest: look and envy all of the things on there. Occasionally pin something useful; a recipe or a DIY yo try, but never will cause I don't have time.
5/6. Instagram/Twitter since I get on them through my iPod. So I guess all the time.
And after that, if I have anything pressing to do, I do it then, or sit and watch Gilmore Girls/Burn Notice/Cake Boss. I have a busy life!


9. My friends take up a big place in my heart. Without them, I wouldn't be who I am right now. I moved to Utah two years ago, at the beginning of 8th grade. The first day of school was one of the scariest days of my life. I knew no one, and I was in a huge school which absolutely made me terrified. Thankfully, I was able to make friends, learn my way around the school, and eventually fit into the whole scheme of
things. Last year was perfect. I already had friends, but I made more. I knew all of my classes and didn't feel rushed at all in transition periods (except for when I had to run in the hall cause I was almost late...) and my teachers were for the most part super great. I was kind of stressed, but with the help of my friends, I was able to get through the Rose Parade, an AP test, and leaving my friends again to go to a different school.
During this summer, I thought I wouldn't really keep in touch with all my friends that I made in 8th and 9th grade, but many of them have kept in touch with me! I am going to miss all my friends from the jr high when I go to the rival high school, but I know that I'll keep in touch with some of them and everything will work out.


10. I love my brothers. They are such good examples to me in everything that they do. My oldest brother, Kent, is currently serving a mission in California, and is 20 years old. Even a year ago, before he left on his mission, he was a good example to me. He always took the time to text me back or talk to me on the phone when he was attending BYU, or hen he was home from school to talk to me in his room about random things. And now we exchange letters am packages, but he is really busy an I admire him for that. I can't wait till he comes home in 10 months!
My other brother, Peter, is a fantastic example if someone who is strong but still caring. Our talks on the way home from band practice are my favorite. When it's just us and we can actually care about each other is nice. You see, earlier on in life, we did not get along. I have to say that Kent was always my favorite because I rarely ever fought with him. Peter and I just rammed heads, and sometimes still do, but we are doing better. Music is still an iffy subject ti talk about because we are so much different, but I put up with his and he does mine.


Well that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, ever. But there.




2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading all the stuff about you!! It really helped me get to know you better!! I like listening to music too- I constantly am listening to music!! :)I hate cursing in songs too!! I hate when it is a good song and then someone curses in it- it ruins the song! I like listening to Taylor Swift too. I have braces as well- so sorry to hear you have them on for 2 more years- you can make it though!!! I like doing other people's hair- it is fun :) Great post Kiana!! :) you are such a great girl and I love your blog so very much!!!! :) I'm so glad I met you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Ten Things feature! I know how you feel about doing someone else's hair. It's just so fun and bonus points if it's something you're talented at. :) lovely blog you have! just found it today.

    xo, samantha
    sammyblackwood.com

    ReplyDelete

what's on your mind?