Mint Chocolate Cupcakes

I was looking on one of my favorite sites: Lovin' From the Oven and I found a recipe that I wanted to try out on a lazy Sunday afternoon. The original recipe is here, and I just altered it a bit so I didn't have to buy anything that I didn't have.


Cupcake Ingredients:

  • 1 (18.25 oz.) package devil's food cake mix
  • 1 (5.9 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
 Filling:
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup mint chocolate chips (chopped)
  • Green food coloring


 Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.





2. In a large bowl mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs, and water.















3. Stir in the chocolate chips.











4. Pour the batter into the lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
















Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.










 Filling:
  • 8 oz Cool Whip
  • 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 cup mint chocolate chips (chopped)
  • Green food coloring







 Combine all of the ingredients...













Cut the cupcake in half and fill it with the filling 




 I hope you like this recipe! I know my family did.